Grand Opening for the new auditorium – August 28, 2011
The History of Cornerstone
The original building of the CBC was built in 1855 as a Free Will Baptist Church. Through time and circumstances the building had become in disrepair and was no longer being used. In 1994 a group of 25 people felt called to re open the Church and Cornerstone was established. In 1995 a full foundation was put under the original building and new pews and a kitchen added. In 2000 the building was doubled in size and a 40 x 100 educational wing was added. In 2010 a 550 seat auditorium was built onto the existing facility with a 350 seat fellowship hall in the downstairs.
Exeter Baptist Church (now Cornerstone Baptist Church) was built in 1855.